Shimmer - TSS DT Post

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share with you a little inspiration post for the March Spots Challenge over at The Stamp Spot! The challenge this month is to include a spot of green, twine, and brads. There are lots of goodies up for grabs this month so check out the challenge here.


For my card I have used the brand new Shimmer stamp from The Greeting Farm. How cute is she? She was so much fun to colour up! You can grab her and check out the other new Greeting Farm stamps over here.







The papers are from Basic Grey, and I have used a doily, flowers, and some ribbon from my stash. I have also used some gorgeous Caribbean Twine by the Twinery and some bronze brads to fit the theme. I distressed all of my papers by crumpling the edges and using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo.







I coloured Shimmer using my copic markers. Here are the colours that I used:


Skin: E50, E53, E00, E11
Hair: E31, E35, E37
Clothes: V04, V06, RV04
Flower: G000, G00






Can't wait to see all of your beautiful creations in the challenge! :D


**NOTE - I am having trouble visiting some blogger sites lately so haven't been able to leave any comments! Is anyone else having these troubles? I can see the sites in Reader but when I go to open them they just won't load! So sorry if I haven't left any comments but I am trying to get to your sites! :D **
Thanks for stopping by!

I am also entering this over at the Linky Party at Make it Monday :)


Supplies

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. So pretty, Alyce! Gorgeous coloring of that sweet image and love the layout, papers and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so cute, alyce! i did a little scream when i saw your card! love your layout and the papers you used--so pretty! and yes, i've had some difficulty commenting too. usually i have to refresh the page a few times by going to the url bar and clicking enter until the comment box appears. hope that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyce, this card is gorgeous!! You have a real talent for colouring hair!! Wish I could do such a great job!
    Kerry
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair is gorgeous! And I love the papers you used! These beans are just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is just gorgeous Hun the hair is just amazing hugs Cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow Alyce she is gorgeous all that yummy hair to colour...your colouring is perfect
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alyce, wow this is stunning sweetie! Her hair is just amazing! I love it!
    Can you email me your address, I would love to send you a birthday card?
    Hugs
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING card and image Alyce.. Love the hair colouring..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Alyce. I saw this STUNNER on MIM. faye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...she is SO cute!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous,love the image.popped over from MIM.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your card on MIM blog. This is such a cute card, love the colors and how you colored her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning coloring. The hair looks so real!! Saw you at MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi

    Wow great card, your colouring is fantastic. Love the hair. Beautiful flowers too.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an adorable image! And a beautiful card! Saw this on MIM!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute card OH that hair..I should be so lucky.. I saw your card on MIM..
    I just became a follower of your blog I like what I see.
    If you'd like to see my blog/or follow me I am at
    stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great creation you posted on MIM! Love the image and colors and pretty flowers! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally gorgeous card. I love the hair colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alyce, this is such a super cute image! Love the way you've coloured her, that hair is amazing.

    I saw your link on MIM

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  20. love how you color hair!
    ♥ Good luck in MIM

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colouring of the hair is amazing! Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a beautiful card I love the colouring on her hair, you have made the image come alive. I saw it at Make it Monday and stopped by for a closer look. thanks for sharing and I will be back to your blog soon. Sheryl Hare xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge